5120 E Hampton Avenue, Mesa AZ 85206 // Mobile: (480) 226-3377
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org // LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/danlinton/
Websites: http://www.dan-linton.com // http://www.analytics.guru
PROFILE – DIGITAL MARKETING
A proven digital marketing authority who harmonizes both quantitative expertise and marketing leadership. A demonstrated track record of building teams and crafting multi-channel programs that drive business results. Known for having a deep understanding and love of leveraging data and experience to optimize digital marketing strategies. Demonstrated strategic leadership and functional expertise in every digital channel, with experience in a wide variety of the world’s largest websites.
Group Director, Digital Marketing Intelligence, Cardinal Path
January 2014 – Present, Phoenix, AZ
Client digital marketing and analytics leadership, strategic testing and solution design, staff development and mentoring, business development
Key activities: Primary lead client digital analytics and digital marketing strategy, execution and process creation, marketing mix, neuromarketing, ROI, social, strategy and measurement program development, management development and training, managing client relationships, organic and new business growth.
- Primary lead client digital analytics and digital marketing strategy
- Client lead for all aspects of digital marketing measurement strategy and execution for multiple global brands such as BNY Mellon, Papa John’s, Merck, Heifer International and more.
- Provide management consultation directly to owners to improve processes, deliverables, and management skills leading to deeper and longer client relationships.
Marketing Science Group Director, Critical Mass
November 2009 – January 2014, Toronto, ON (promoted Director to Group Director August 2011)
Lead the strategic and tactical digital measurement programs for several of the world’s largest brands including Citibank, Thank You Rewards, Infiniti Motors, HP, Humana, and many others.
Key activities: Analytics strategy and process creation, management development and retention of team members up to Director level, organic and new business growth; utilization and resourcing; service integration; managing client relationships, technology evaluation and implementation, education and building a culture of measurement for client and internal teams, budgets and estimating, global brands including Citibank, Citi ThankYou, Infiniti Automotive, HP, Humana, Sears.ca, Globe and Mail mobile, and many more.
- Drove digital analytics measurement and optimization programs for global brands including Citibank, Citi ThankYou, Infiniti Automotive, HP, Humana, Sears.ca, Globe and Mail mobile, and many more.
- Successfully led the agency analytics team with their largest clients with company leading retention rates, while managing the entire departments resourcing.
- Engaged new processes which resulted in greater efficiencies, more accurate data and improved client relations.
Digital Marketing Analytics Consultant/Contractor, Various
January 2009 – October 2009, Vancouver, BC
Clients included Telus Communications, Terasen Gas, and Sauder School of Business at the University of British Columbia
Key activities: strategic web improvement recommendations, SiteCatalyst/Adobe Analytics implementation customization, automated reporting, executive dashboards, continuous improvement process driver, ad hoc analysis, voice of customer implementation, multi-channel virtual team management.
- Provided various services as a web and digital analytics subject matter expert to some of British Columbia’s largest organizations.
- Implemented multiple advanced web analytics strategies and tools to significantly improve metrics reporting.
- Engaged continuous improvement processes on website, content and e-marketing activities.
Director – Marketing and Communications, Hcareers Inc. (onTargetJobs)
2008 – 2009, Vancouver, BC
Focal point for all marketing activities. Proactively created, drove and managed the marketing department’s projects and resources to achieve website and corporate goals, with a particular focus on analytics.
Key activities: strategic marketing and advertising planning, sales support, web analytics base on Omniture SiteCatalyst for continuous improvement, SEM, brand identity, overall website evolution planning, traffic partners, ROI and fiscal responsibility, client research and personas, tradeshows.
- Performance managed a cross-functional marketing team for all activities including email marketing, SEO, SEM, website, social media, public relations, training development, sales tools, customer and job seeker experience etc.
- Developed a strategic advertising product marketing plan which tripled previous sales numbers with a heavy emphasis on sales force education and resources.
Senior Web Analyst and Project Manager, Shaw Communications Inc.
2007 – 2008 (contract), Calgary, AB
Responsible for developing and implementing full web analytics program on all Shaw web properties.
Key activities: web analytics implementation and customization, marketing campaign tracking and optimization, A/B and multi-variant testing, usability testing, custom and ad-hoc reporting, executive dashboards
- Cultivated a data-driven culture and focused on delivering actionable insights.
- Wielded a variety of data tools including WebTrends, OpinionLab, TeaLeaf and others.
- Significantly improved conversions by initiating advanced campaign tracking and ROI analysis.
Marketing Manager, World Web Technologies
2006 – 2007, Calgary, AB
Managed all marketing efforts for Canada’s largest Travel Portal site with powerful e-Learning modules, video production, SEO, web analytics, and digital marketing.
Director of Sales and Marketing, 5 Calgary Executive Suites Hotel
2005 – 2006, Calgary, AB
Created the marketing and sales revolution of a rebranded downtown Calgary boutique hotel.
Marketing & Communications Manager, CipherSoft Inc.
2003 – 2005, Calgary, AB
Led an emerging software company to e-marketing success.
Product Manager, Marketing Manager, Marketing Consultant, Various
1995-2003, Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary
Marketing before the Internet.
- Online Tutor – Digital Analytics Award of Achievement, The University of British Columbia since 2010
- Certified Information Privacy Professional /United States (CIPP/US)
- Certificate in Web Intelligence – University of California Irvine
- Certificate in Digital Analytics – University of British Columbia –
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification Certification, Certified Google AdWords Professional